E_UNKNOWN_METHOD - UNKNOWN:rpc->sanitycheck

• [X] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [ ] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [ ] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

Exactly the same error like this guy:

Updated to latest version yesterday, Strg+r my browser, tried every browser on many devices. Everywhere I got E_UNKNOWN_METHOD → Additional information: UNKNOWN:rpc->sanitycheck

• Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id):
    ff4248b09e1bcd48bb6346df123d5de68cf20e8d

• Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:
    Docker Version, running since many month flawless. Redeployed, nothing changed…

try this in the compose dir:

$ docker compose exec app grep -B1 -r sanityCheck /src/tt-rss/js /var/www/html/tt-rss/js
/src/tt-rss/js/App.js-            op: "RPC",
/src/tt-rss/js/App.js:            method: "sanityCheck",
--
/var/www/html/tt-rss/js/App.js-            op: "RPC",
/var/www/html/tt-rss/js/App.js:            method: "sanityCheck",

It looks exactly like your output:

/opt/ttrss-docker# docker compose exec app grep -B1 -r sanityCheck /src/tt-rss/js /var/www/html/tt-rss/js
/src/tt-rss/js/App.js- op: “RPC”,
/src/tt-rss/js/App.js: method: “sanityCheck”,

/var/www/html/tt-rss/js/App.js- op: “RPC”,
/var/www/html/tt-rss/js/App.js: method: “sanityCheck”,

well then you need to figure out why would your in-browser code use lowercase for this endpoint.

cache? something else? idk.

try digging in the f12 console.

I only find this occurence from sanitycheck in the App.js and there is a lowercase rpc:

const params = {
        op: "rpc",

so javascript running in your browser is, for whatever reason, different from the one in the docker image.

not sure how can i help you with this.

Sorry, but it is NOT my browser, try for yourself:

wget https://frontend.schmidtie.net/tt-rss/js/App.js
grep -B1 sanityCheck App.js

op: "rpc",
        method: "sanityCheck",

it doesn’t matter what is it - browser or something else, whatever your setup is serving doesn’t correspond to the image i’m publishing. it’s up to you to figure out why this happens.

Okay, I’ve deleted EVERYTHING besides the db Volume and redownload the rest…hammered F5/Strg+r/delete cache and now it works again! Thank you, there was something weird happend. Have a nice weekend!

i guess we’ll never know the underlying cause. are you using cloudflare maybe with custom caching settings?

e. i guess not, going by nslookup frontend.schmidtie.net.

No, nothing like that. Only a nginx as reverse proxy for https-offloading. Maybe it was a problem because a few weeks ago the docker-container volume run out of free space and so he could not write all updates to the app: Container?!? But that was some time ago, it should not cause a problem weeks later…

Regardless: Thank you for your support!

that would show up on the above grep though, /var/www/html/tt-rss is on the storage volume.

this is really strange.

e: are you using watchtower/ouroboros?

Yes, I use watchtower.

I ran into weird problems with watchtower not sure if this one is related.