When I share a tweet using the tinytiny rss app the "article title" is not populated

• [ ] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [ ] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [x] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

Using the official tinytiny rss android app (version 1.302-fdroid 536) on android 12 (Pixel 4a) when I share a tweet the “article title” is not populated.

1. I open the twitter official app (9.54.0-release.0) on android (Pixel 4a)
  2. I click on “share tweet” at the bottom right corner of a tweet
  3. I tap “Share via”
  4. I select Tiny Tiny RSS
  5. The article title is not populated
  • Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id):
    Official tinytiny rss android app (version 1.302-fdroid 536)

• Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:
    Android 12 (Pixel 4a)

Expected behavior: as it usually happen with other similar apps the “article title” should be populated with the text content of the tweet itself (that is also the title of the page if I open the tweet using a browser). It will improve a lot the user experience and it will avoid having lots of saved tweets without any recognizable content in the Archived folder of my tinytiny rss.

there’s a number of ways to pass this information between apps. i don’t use twitter so i won’t be able to help you, someone else will have to investigate this and file a PR.

• [ ] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [ ] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [x ] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

Using the official tinytiny rss android app (version 1.302-fdroid 536) on android 12 (Pixel 4a) when I long tap on a link in a email and I share it to tinytiny rss to save it, the “article title” is populated with the link URL.

1. I open the email client on android (Pixel 4a)
  2. I long tap on a link contained in the email
  3. I tap “Share via”
  4. I select Tiny Tiny RSS
  5. The article title is automatically populated with the URL of the link and not with the destination page title or anything meaningful
  • Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id):
    Official tinytiny rss android app (version 1.302-fdroid 536)
  • Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:
    Android 12 (Pixel 4a)

Expected behavior: as it usually happen with other similar apps the “article title” should be populated with the title of the destination URL itself. It will improve a lot the user experience and it will avoid having lots of saved links without any recognizable content in the Archived folder of my tinytiny rss.
I usually save links like that when I know that the link may be interesting but I don’t have the time to open it and I want to read it later.

I’m not an expert but, even if the issue is different, it may be linked with this:
https://community.tt-rss.org/t/when-i-share-a-tweet-using-the-tinytiny-rss-app-the-article-title-is-not-populated/5536

i don’t even remember the last time i’ve looked over this share intent thing, it’s entirely possible that something there is malfunctioning. i’ll make a note but it’s unlikely i’ll deal with this soon.

thanks. For me the share intent thing is what made me switch to tinytiny rss. I deleted getpocket and wallabag and I’m happily using just tinytiny rss now.

this seems to work fine when sharing from chrome:

i have a policy of not adding app-specific kludges, especially for something as awful as twitter, so there’s nothing i can do here.

sorry for the extended delay.