Update to schema 147 mysql

• [ ] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can NOT be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

It seems I’m very late to the party.
Trying to update, but I get an error:
[10:13:49/3578018] Starting migration to 147... [10:13:49/3578018] Failed on line: create fulltext index ttrss_entries_title_search_idx on ttrss_entries(title) [10:13:49/3578018] Migration failed: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1061 Duplicate key name 'ttrss_entries_title_search_idx'

Latest version on Ubuntu with mysql and php7.4

I’m not sure what to do now.
I’m kinda stuck trying to update the database schema.

Thanks for any help.
(I’m reading I should switch to postgress, when this is fixed, I’ll look into that)

you can always drop already extant index and rerun the migration:

DROP INDEX ttrss_entries_title_search_idx;

I’m very sorry. So I can drop that and it seems to go past it. Then I get a similar error:
[14:35:11/3583787] Migration failed: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘’ for key ‘ttrss_entries.ttrss_entries_combined_search_idx’

So I guess it is the same issue, use your suggestion to drop the “ttrss_entries_title_search_idx” and then try the same for ‘ttrss_entries.ttrss_entries_combined_search_idx’, that tells me:
Error in query (1091): Can’t DROP ‘ttrss_entries_combined_search_idx’; check that column/key exists

I’m sorry for asking, but I’ve been trying to find the solution for a while and I’m trying to.
I use adminer to do some basic sql commands.

I’ve been using your product for a long time now and it’s the first time I’ve had issues with it. Thank you for any and all help.

Ok sorry, so I just did that whole thing again and now:
[14:56:56/3583914] Starting migration to 147…
[14:58:37/3583914] Migration finished, current version: 147

Must be one of those days?

i was writing a post suggesting you comment out those two create index lines and forgo fulltext search but i’m glad things worked out after all.

p.s. consider migrating to postgres :slight_smile:

I have the same issue. I ran the migration manually, but TT RSS does not seem to recognize (140-146 ran smooth before)

this fixed it: sudo -u www-data php /path to ttrss/update.php --update-schema

I have the same error :

Migration failed: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1061 Duplicate key name 'ttrss_entries_title_search_idx'

I cannot delete this index under MariaDB/mySQL :

DROP INDEX ttrss_entries_title_search_idx;

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

I’m not a DB expert, how can I fix this ? Thank you for your help.

MariaDB require the table to drop the index as this :

DROP INDEX index_name ON tbl_name

Can somebody help me with the table name I have to use ?

The correct command is this

DROP INDEX ttrss_entries_title_search_idx ON ttrss_entries;

But when I launch the update I get this error

[12:49:27/5030] Migration failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away in /usr/share/webapps/tt-rss/classes/db/migrations.php:69

How can I fix this ?

your mysql server is crashing or terminating client connection. this has nothing to do with tt-rss. your database is unsupported. please ask for help in a more appropriate place.