Ttrss does not remember my login after restarting docker

• [ x] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [ ] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [ ] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

Every time I restart the server with ttrss’s docker, I have to login again in my web browser (firefox).
I don’t have that problem with the android app.

1.- I log in into my user on ttrss with my web browser.
2.- Sometimes I need turn off or restart my server with ttrss’s docker.
3.- I always have to log in again.
4.- The error message in the Authentication text box is:
“Session failed to validate (password changed)”
5.- But my password is the same.

• Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id):
  • Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

i haven’t noticed anything like this on my personal instance. it could be something specific to firefox, which i don’t use.

I use Firefox and haven’t noticed any issues.

I did a down/pull/up cycle just now to be sure it wasn’t a new thing, and restarted Firefox - no problems with my tt-rss tab loading in properly. I was still logged in.

Brave, chromium or Firefox. I have tried in different browsers with the same result.

I use the user admin and with a password that I added in .env "ADMIN_USER_PASS=".
Is it your setting diferrent?

I can see in the log that:
ttrss-docker-app-1 | [17:46:53/148] Changing password of user admin...
Nothing about loggin errors

I use a separate user from the Admin user 99% of the time. So, yes, my usage/setup is different.

oh, it’s possible that password is updated on every launch thus invalidating the hash. i guess it’s a bug with docker scripts then.

i’m using this to provision initial user but i’m also using a separate one.

i’ll make a note to take a look at this.

here’s what i think:

1. while setting initial admin password is useful for secure provisioning (which is why it’s set at a random value by default) you really should be creating a separate user for yourself;
  2. AUTO_CREATE_USER checks for account existence and sets password only once;
  3. admin user is built-in so i can’t reuse that logic, instead i’ll need to implement a “set password only if changed” kinda thing which is currently missing;

i’d say this isn’t working exactly as it should but having a separate user is a good enough workaround for the time being. you can just forget built-in admin user exists, it’s only there (and non-removable) because of single user mode.

this still stays on my notes so i’ll get around and implement the aforementioned logic eventually for ADMIN_USER_PASS but it’s a low priority kinda thing.

i’m okay with this being a “known bug”.