[Suggestion] Would you accept a PR to optionally return 'Mark as read' back to single click?

I recently updated from an ~1-year out of date build, and that introduced the change in the Mark as read menu - making it a dropdown with choices based on age. I’m finding that a touch annoying for muscle memory that has been trained over a number of years to just click to mark the feed as read. (Enough so that I occasionally finding myself doing so on Google News, which to my dismay does not work. :slight_smile: )

Would you accept a pull request with a small code change to allow a user preference:

Mark read:  [Menu | Button] 

with the ‘Button’ option having it return to old behavior where there is just the single mark read option (like you can get with the right click option on feed name).

Alternatively, I’ve got this in my local code in index.php right before the headlines toolbar, which works nicely:

<button style="order: 5" onclick="Feeds.catchupCurrent('')"><?= __('Mark feed as read') ?></button>

your inability to adapt to a minor UI change vs more maintenance burden for me. think about it.

e:

Alternatively, I’ve got this in my local code in index.php right before the headlines toolbar, which works nicely:

you’re one step away of making this into a plugin.

Hello,

I’m interesting into that plugin when/if it will be available.

Regards.

Xuo.

@xuo