SMTP Plugin - TTRSS

Hi there.

I would like to configure email notification on TTRSS.

I can’t not use the “original” one as I want to configure filters with keywords. When a Keyword is detected, it will send an email with the “invoke plugging” option.

I’ve installed TTRSS using Dockers and then I following this post :
https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/ttrss-mailer-smtp

When I try to add the value on the “.env” file as mentionned, the plugin pass “enable” in the GUI interface but I’m still not able to make an “invoke pluggins” on the filters.
Even my Feeds, I don’t have any choice to configure or forward an article by mail.

When I add this manually in the config.php file, the plugin’s box is checked too but after in the GUI, I’ve no option tool allowing me to configure the mail notification and the “invoke pluggins” option is still empty in filters configuration.

I’m clearly not an expert with all of this, so maybe someone can help regarding this or advice me ?

Thanks a lot !

i’m not sure what gave you an idea that mailer-smtp can do filter actions and stuff but it can’t (and won’t). it provides an SMTP transport, that’s it.

my advice would be checking documentation before assuming random things about software you install.

Hi Fox, thanks for your reply ! :slight_smile:

I thought that was the goal of this smtp plugin.

By the way, I’m able to make a test email to an external address using your plugin. But that’s it.
I’m wondering about the purpose of this, because the only thing I can do is a “testing email”.

But I’m not sure where to find this documentation. I read several post, your github, and I don’t find any docs.

Can you maybe redirect me ?
Thanks again for your patience :slight_smile:

mail plugin, digest, password change notifications. it provides smtp support for those.

Thanks.

I’m able to send links by email with the plugin.

Only the “daily” Digest don’t work.
Don’t find any logs.

If you have already seen that.
Thanks!

this warning shouldn’t stop the digest from being generated. other than that, i’d prefer another report from people confirming that digest doesn’t work before i dig any further.

Maybe I do something wrong, but I don’t find any logs.

Test email is functionnal.
Share a feed by email is functionnal too.
Digest preview display correctly the new unread articles.
I try all the day with modify the value “try to send around this time”, but I don’t receive anything even when waiting a few hours.

Thanks again for your support :slight_smile:

EDIT : Finally fixed by changing account mail address.
Do you maybe know if it is possible with TTRSS to schedule more than one mail per 24h digest ? For example, I would like a possibility to trigger a mail notification every 2hours. Thx !