Schema version is wrong, please upgrade the database

I use Docker Compose setup with Tiny Tiny RSS v21.12-97baf3e

Describe the problem you’re having:
It seems on the last docker pull there was some trouble, i can see not one feed is updating since 26. dec 03.00 or later

Include steps to reproduce the problem:
restarted the docker, and used docker pull + git pull to confirm that latest updates are active
checked docker container logs, most interessting was as title is saying “Schema version is wrong, please upgrade the database.”

So i was digging into the community forum and i know from earlier times, there was an update.php --update-schema, so i tried to get there, but i am not very good at docker, result when using the app container with php8 he is only allowing me to use sudo -u noboday .update… etc, saying
Is the server running locally and accepting
connections on Unix domain socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432”?/var/www/html/tt-rss #

I guess this is not the correct way and was expecting this to running automatically with docker compose, i had no issue before with the docker setup, and it was running since June 2021 or so.

Another attempt was to run https://instance.domaint/tt-rss/public.php?op=dbupdate
Return was “Database is already up to date.”

So returning to wiki and installation guide i was not seeing anything mentioning, or i was to blind to see, db schema updates, what did i miss? How can i fix this error? is it event required to update the schema or may the reason have another source?

tt-rss version (including git commit id):
v21.12-97baf3e

Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:
Linux 5.10.0-10-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.84-1 (2021-12-08) x86_64
fully Patched for now

Please provide any additional information below:
My ttrss instance → preference → system → event logs is displaying
Applied migration to version 146 for ttrss_version ← this is the last action in the event log at 3:10 oclock, i was not up at this time, but there was cron running the below update script, which looks to me this was causing the issue

i am using a docker-compose.override.yml, only change is for the app container mounting a local tt-rss version
volumes:

• /home/webu:/var/www/html

these are the commands i use for update

cd /home/webu/ttrss-docker
sudo docker-compose down
sudo docker-compose rm
cd /home/webu/tt-rss/
git pull
cd /home/webu/ttrss-docker/
git pull
sudo docker-compose pull
sudo docker-compose up -d

Let me know if you need further information, any help is appreciated.
Merry christmas and have a happy new year

you fucked up your docker setup. fix it and everything would work properly. start with removing everything you decided to add to compose yml.

similar issue - [closed] Problem with "Database schema update" to the latest version (146 to 145) - #6 by fox

database stuff is not mentioned in the docker faq/wiki because it happens automatically on container startup.

i’m going to add this to the FAQ because i’m sure there are more people like you i.e. have no idea what they are doing, but tinker with things regardless.

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/ttrss-docker-compose/wiki/Home#i-m-using-docker-compose-override-yml-and-now-i-m-getting-schema-update-and-other-strange-issues

also, anything involving docker-compose.override.yml is unsupported from now on.

well thanks for the fast response, that was not the answer i was hoping for

how am i supposed to install themes then Tiny Tiny RSS – Themes?
they are mentioned on the features list https://tt-rss.org/ for ttrss?
the only way to install this on my first approach was to do this via a docker.compose.override

just mentionion, i setup this instance based on the guide for static docker images, which was working great, thanks for this. and the last update screwed it, there is no user failure in shutdown down docker containers and bringing them up again for a an update. please let me know if i am wrong but i followed your guide in updating the containers?

so for others having the same issue, this is the suggested path i used to bring this back to life
backup what ever u need, suggest to export the opmal file in preference → feeds → opml

[instructions redacted because following them can nuke your server -fox]

best regards

expose themes.local, keep everything else as-is.

it’s impossible to know what did you break with your override yml and why. my docker guide doesn’t involve customizing compose files, especially if you have no idea what you’re doing.

it’s likely that whatever you managed to deploy failed to update properly all this time, it’s just you didn’t notice before the schema bump.

your “suggested path” involves nuking all container data on the server. i can’t wait until someone blindly follows your incredibly helpful instructions.

i’m locking this thread because it’s an obvious PEBKAC and i’m not going to waste any more time on you.

please you expect others to read carefully, so do it your self

i said

delete ALL docker vlumens, if you need to prune just ttrss, check the manual to retain the other volumes

but just to make sure, i have changed this to be more precise.

is there any chance you will update the guide to explain how we can “expose” the themes.local folder?

1 Like

basic docker knowledge is a starting requirement. you should be able to figure this stuff out yourself tbh.

kindly don’t post here anymore, and especially don’t post any guides.