Request to feeds hosted in localhost

Hello. Im trying to use ttrss in my own machine with another softwares like rss-bridge and bibliogram. My docker-compose setup is the following:

version: '3'

services:
  db:
    image: postgres:12-alpine
    restart: unless-stopped
    environment:
      - POSTGRES_USER=${TTRSS_DB_USER}
      - POSTGRES_PASSWORD=${TTRSS_DB_PASS}
      - POSTGRES_DB=${TTRSS_DB_NAME}
    volumes:
      - db:/var/lib/postgresql/data

app:
    image: cthulhoo/ttrss-fpm-pgsql-static
    env_file:
      - .env
    volumes:
      - app:/var/www/html
      - ./config.d:/opt/tt-rss/config.d:ro
    depends_on:
      - db

backups:
    env_file:
      - .env
    volumes:
      - backups:/backups
    depends_on:
      - db
    command: /opt/tt-rss/dcron.sh -f

updater:
    env_file:
      - .env
    volumes:
      - ./config.d:/opt/tt-rss/config.d:ro
    depends_on:
      - app
    command: /opt/tt-rss/updater.sh

web-nginx:
    image: cthulhoo/ttrss-web-nginx
    ports:
      - ${HTTP_PORT}:80
    volumes:
      - app:/var/www/html:ro
    depends_on:
      - app

rss-bridge:
    volumes:
      - ./rss-bridge-whitelist.txt:/app/whitelist.txt
    image: rssbridge/rss-bridge:latest
    ports:
      - 3000:80

bibliogram:
    build:
      context: ./bibliogram
    image: cloudrac3r/bibliogram
    volumes:
        - bibliogram-db:/app/db
    ports:
        - 10407:80

volumes:
  db:
  app:
  certs:
  backups:
  bibliogram-db:

Thus, when I subscribe to a feed I put the docker hostname, lets say: http://bibliogram/u/some_user/atom.xml, where bibliogram is the name of the bibliogram service on my docker setup.

Okay, either bibliogram and rss-bridge works fine but for some reason the images from bibliogram arent showed by ttrss. Ive checked that bibliogram returns images url like http://localhost:10407/image.jpg but looking to ttrss HTML in browser console. it shows http://localhost/image.jpg (without the port).

But, for some rease, when Bibliogram returns a video, ttrss parse it normally: http://localhost:10407/videoproxy.mp4

I read here that ttrss doesnt download anything from localhost, so how could I solve this ? I dont want to host it in another machine nor use another rss client.

Please, what are my options in this case? :thinking:

your problem seems to be with bibliogram returning incorrect urls, not tt-rss. start with fixing that. i have it working properly in docker with zero problems.

as for localhost, you need to understand that tt-rss in docker is going to have its own container-specific localhost, even if it tried to download anything off it, bibliogram or whatever else is not going to be there.

you need to either make bibliogram (and any other similar apps) externally accessible or configure it to use proper URLs and use caching in tt-rss, because normally your browser won’t be able to access internal networks created by docker/compose.

fox, sorry I forgot to mention that in the first post: when I wget the bibliogram feed, the localhost:10407 seems okay. Something seems to happen while parsing I guess

hmmm, are you saying that ttrss is trying to localhost its own container to check the media ?

unless you use host networking (you don’t), every container is going to have its own localhost.

I suggest you read some docs on docker networking since it’s rather clear you dont understand entirely how this stuff works.

fox, why you seem so trigged ? :joy:

im telling you, nothing is wrong with bibliogram response. Ive tested with newsboat and feedbro and it seems okay. Im just posting here because as far as I could understand, ttrss is not considering images from localhost:10407 for security reasons and I would like to confirm that and check if theres something I could do in this case

i’m not sure what caused this response but i’m going to probate you just the same. you’ve been here long enough to know better. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: