Registrations on Gitea are back, plus other stuff

I’m enabling Gitea registration back. I’ve also added oauth authentication with Github (to Gitea and this forum) to make the whole registration thing a bit less painful for new users.

I have to continue enforcing some limitations on Gitea users: it doesn’t deduplicate repository data so every user forking something creates yet another repo copy on the filesystem which is not very sustainable.

Previously I’ve been deleting inactive users (which also solved the spam problem, did you know that people registered on Gogs/Gitea to create spam repositories? ffs) but now I’m going to automatically prune their repositories instead, while keeping everything else intact. I know it’s annoying but:

1. I can’t really afford to host my own Github;
  2. More importantly, I lack time to properly police it, and I have little desire to do it;
  3. The purpose of development website is allowing people contribute to tt-rss (and other things) development so there’s little point in keeping a graveyard of long obsolete repos around;
  4. Forking is always one button away;

I hope this compromise would be overall less annoying. We’ll see how this goes. I apologize to legitimate users who got their accounts pruned with spambots.