Question around API - shareToPublished

Hi,

Does anyone have an experience with using the shareToPublished API (as documented here: Tiny Tiny RSS – API Reference)?

I’m working on a custom integration and I’ve figured out that URL’s pushed to the published feed need to be unique.

I’m trying to work out when pushing content (as “content - Article content (string)”) - whether it’s possible to allow HTML to be inserted? At the moment, it seems like content is being stripped - I’ve tried the usual escaping/CDATA techniques and they don’t appear to allow for the HTML inserted to be rendered within the viewer.

Has anyone hit this before and is it possible within the bounds of the current API?

1 Like

yes, currently shareToPublished content is stripped of all tags.

however, much like getHeadlines allows returning unsanitized raw HTML, a similar parameter could be added to shareToPublished to allow for inserting HTML.

technically this could be seen as a vulnerability vector, but

• content will be sanitized anyway within tt-rss UI, much like any other feed data;
  • if you have API access you can subscribe the user to any number of potentially malicious feeds, exploiting any possible sanitizer holes anyway, and who knows what else;

so, why not.

https://dev.tt-rss.org/tt-rss/tt-rss/commit/d210ae50ad14ded6cf204242bc072c82b9e8e70c

Thanks so much! This is working great for my integration!

Thank you again!