Portainer for noobs

After years of running a ttrss install from a non-docker install, it finally bit the bullet. I’m new to docker and I was trying to use portainer to install ttrss. I’m so lost.

I hope someone can answer some basic questions (if that’s allowed)…

which docker hub do I use? Docker is the link I followed but there are many

Does anyone have any guide out there on using portainer specifically? I’m very confused and sad that I’m losing my edge.

Why not use the recommended installation option? README.md - ttrss-docker-compose.git -

From my experience, Portainer is not ideal for installations and you would rather use for basic management.

I think because I want to keep them all in the same view.

Most Portainer installations mount a docker.sock volume like /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock and can there listen in on any docker container even when you do not install it via Portainer. The recommended installation path will still show up on Portainer if that is what you worry about. I mean, you can try and if it does not work you can try another way…that is why they are labs, not production servers.

portainer is a commercial tool which has nothing to do with tt-rss. please discuss it in a more appropriate place.

Sorry if I misunderstand, another noob question. Portainer is a comercial but open source tool to admin dockers container. So what is the problem to use a stack in portainer to install the official ttrss docker compose?

I think the issue here is more about asking support for portainer than using portainer.

The Community Edition of Portainer works well. :grinning:

Please share the steps you made to fix that issue