Plugin/service to watch an html page for changes?

RSS/atom seem to be declining in popularity. Is there a plugin for watching a plain HTML page and synthesizing an article from each update? I searched around but could not find one. (Is such a plugin even possible within ttrss?)

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good service (ideally self-hostable) for this? I used to use page2rss but it’s gone. fetchrss.com works okay but is limited if you don’t pay.

af_comics does that for a bunch of different providers that dropped rss. so, yes.

I use GitHub - dgtlmoon/changedetection.io: The best and simplest self-hosted free open source website change detection, monitor and notification service. Restock Monitor, change detection. Designed for simplicity - the main goal is to simply monitor which websites had a text change for free. Free Open source web page change detection, Restock Monitoring, Visualping and Apify alternative which does the job well

I was looking for something similar and wanted to give this a try: https://html2rss.github.io/
It looks like its easy enough to implement on a self-hosted site. Whenever I get around to test this I might share my experience, in case anyone’s interested.