Ordering of posts

Please pardon my innate ignorance here, but it’s been a while since I’ve tried to do something with this issue, and may have forgotten any good suggestions in the past.

What I’d like to have is posts that are offered in (roughly) chronological order, ie, older posts before newer posts, because I’m weird and don’t like reading things backwards, but I’d like to see certain classes of messages before others. For instance, currently the first thing I get is posts from the “not always right” web page, and the last thing I see is severe weather alerts ported in from the National Weather Service… I’d like to reverse that trend, get severe weather first, then (roughly) comics, sales posts, and then most other crap.

There’s something that’s controlling the order of posts I see, but I don’t know what it is. I’ve tried using filters to modify the score, which used to work, long ago, but now seems to have no effect at all.

I’m ready to take my punishment for being stupid, as long as I get some hints :smiley:

In preferences you can change the order of the feeds (i.e. move “severe weather alerts” above “not always right”), then group the articles by feed (keyboard shortcut f g).
The only caveat with this is that you will be presented with all the articles of the first feed before the next one, which means today’s weather alert will be shown before yesterday’s articles from the other source, given of course that you are sorting by “oldest first”.
Hope it helps

That doesn’t work, I already had the weather stuff as the first feed, (I’d created a category 0first that sorted out before anything else, it still shows up last.

i vaguely remember you requesting a sort order which used only dates and excluded scoring.

I’m not sure I did that, (I’ve slept since then) but normally, I I’d like the sort order, in ‘oldest first’ to take into account scoring, so I can get the more important things first (like, should I expect tornados tonight(weather service posts)), then descend into trivial things like someone’s experience with yet another entitled customer (not always right blog). :slight_smile:

those are pluggable (also because of you, I think :slight_smile: ) so you could make an oldest_first_weighted_by_score sort order as a plugin.

Now, if I only had the smarts to make a plugin…

Which never has been one of my strong suits, :frowning: