Need advise on upgrade

Hi!
I’m running tt-rss on a cloud Ubuntu Server 16.04, and I want to upgrade the server to an LTS up-to-date version (20.04).

I see these possible scenarios:

1. Upgrade the server from 16.04 to 20.04
  2. Create a new fresh server 20.04 and install tt-rss (as per the current install guide, using docker)

I’m strongly tempted to choose #2, since from my previous experience with Ubuntu, upgrading a 16.04 server to a 20.04 will certainly need lots of manual tweaks.

Obviously, I’m assuming that once I have a fresh tt-rss server running on this fresh Ubuntu 20.04, it will be easy to import all settings and feeds from my current tt-rss instance.

Do you agree with this strategy? Any thoughts?

if you’re using postgres, you’ll just load your database dump into dockerized db.

if mysql, it’s a bit tricker, with the data_migration plugin.

Hum, it is mysql.

Thanks anyway for pointing to the plugin. I see that there’s a bunch of threads here about it.

But let’s say I don’t want to keep the articles, just the signed-up feeds.

Would that ease things?

import-export OPML. you know, all your questions so far have either been discussed before, many times, or are in the FAQ. consider this before posting any further.

Thank you.

I understand that you’re the developer, so, a big thanks for sharing this app with the community.

I decided to start from fresh in the new vps and add the feeds manually, there aren’t that many.

Unfortunately, I don’t have time to loose on the migration issues.

Thanks once more for your work

For the record, I followed the install guide on a fresh docker vps and it’s now up and running.

In the old server, I also exported the OPML (without settings) and imported it in the new one, to get all my feeds back.

So… everything all right.