More support for article scores in the Android app and in the web UI

• At the moment, article scores are not displayed in the Android app. It would be nice to see them there, to be able to change them, and also to sort the articles by their score in increasing/decreasing order.
  • Sorting articles by their score would also be a welcomed addition to the web UI.

Thanks!

default sort goes by score, then date. i don’t think separate sorting by score is going to add anything but UI bloat.

in general, when i read “it would be nice to have on android” I’d like to see a PR link next to it. otherwise it’s probably not going to happen.

e: in this particular case i’ll make a note to look at implementing it but no promises.

I take it. Thank you!

Just one more thing for future reference.

Duly noted. It’s just that I paid for the app, so I naively thought that it wouldn’t have to be me who implements new features. :sweat_smile: But what if I do implement full article score support for the app? Do I get 0.02€ out of the 4.19€ after every new purchase? :grinning: :wink:

It’s just that I paid for the app, so I naively thought that it wouldn’t have to be me who implements new features. :sweat_smile:

the app itself is free, same as tt-rss itself. you could get the same exact app without paying via f-droid or download the apk directly (or get android studio and build it yourself).

play store version is paid as an option for people who want to support me and also because dealing with play store / google is such a pain in the ass.

But what if I do implement full article score support for the app? Do I get 0.02€ out of the 4.19€ after every new purchase? :grinning: :wink:

if you seriously think like that i would prefer you refund the app and stop posting here.

I don’t think most users are aware of the free version of the app. Most people by default install apps from the Play Store also out of security considerations. To this day, Android doesn’t even let you install apps from outside the Play Store by factory default, but only after turning off this security feature. Anyway, I had no idea that a free version exist, and out of those 10k+ people who downloaded the TTRSS Unlocker, I assume many also didn’t know.

Please, don’t get offended, I didn’t mean to be hurtful, sorry if there’s a misunderstanding. To be clear, my point is that it would be nice to let those at least who paid/donated to the project to make feature requests. I think my request was as polite as it gets, and I would have been satisfied with a “Sure, I put it on the list.” answer. It is a bit intimidating if you cannot even have suggestions without having to code it yourself. Next time I have an idea, I will probably keep it to myself, and others will likely feel the same way when they read this thread. Is this what we are aiming for?.. How much would it cost just keep a list of feature requests? Or not even keeping any list, just telling the users, that you have made a mental note of it and you deal with it in due order of the project’s priorities?.. I don’t see what would be the harm in this.

Btw, I don’t need a refund, thanks, I think, the app is still worth it.

It’s an open source project. These things work by having a community of individuals contribute. You don’t have to contribute to use the product, but if you want to improve it you either have to contribute some code or phrase your request with the understanding that you’re asking other people to work for free for you.

Now if you want to know, specifically, where you may have stepped over the line: You asked fox to share revenue from the Android app with you if you contribute code.

1. Actually, I donated to the project. How much more I have to pay for the right to make a polite, non-binding request?
  2. Most contributors, who don’t get from the donations at least, are working for free anyway, whatever feature they are working on. And they are doing it voluntarily.
  3. They are not working for me, but obviously everyone would benefit from new features.
  1. My comment was packed with smiley faces. But from here on, I will write only in clear text, I promise.
  2. Another interpretation of what is happening here: @fox asked me to contribute to something that he is selling for money in the Play Store. Where btw, I really don’t think that it is made clear that this is a voluntary contribution.

Again, I’d like to emphasize: I don’t envy that money from him or from whomever the money is shared with. I am happy to chip in. My problem here is intimidating users to not to give feedback like feature requests. Ideally, everyone (not only buying/donating users) should be able to give feature requests. The developers are still free to ignore these. Why is it needed to suppress opinions? Because this leads exactly to that. In this atmosphere, I’ll think it twice if I post anything here again, unless it is some serious bug.

anyone can request features or report issues. having preferential treatment for those who donated in some fashion would imply that there’s some kind of support contract involved which is not even offensive, it’s simply ludicrous.

“most people” are SaaS cattle who would spend their entire lives being force-fed correct opinions by Facebook et al, while never having an original thought. they have no need or want for rss readers nor anything else that enables their choice. instead of making choices they prefer to be fed.

the only interaction i could have with these people is them leaving negative reviews on play store because they decided to install the app for some reason and couldn’t figure it out. which is fine, it’s not for them.

the rest should at least be able to check tt-rss.org frontpage where a variety of ways to obtain android app are clearly mentioned.

i’m not sure where you got that idea but the rest of this forum would easily prove how wrong you are.

anyway, we should probably stop with the derailing. i’m not going to reply to the rest of your points, except this:

i’m not sure how old you are, it might be a generational thing, but as far as i’m concerned it doesn’t work like that.

":slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: fuck you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: " is still an insult, even if its literally surrounded with smilies.

I wrote before:

I had the impression that this was your opinion, and I really cannot argue with that. My opinion is not that much different about the general thirst for knowledge in people. Nevertheless, I don’t know how is this relevant to what you quoted from me just above this statement of yours.

People trust Play Store in general. Other sources need investigation to develop some trust. Not only the “cattle” people lack the interest or the time to do further investigation. And once they find the app in the Play Store, they don’t look further.

People who would speak up here in your defense regarding this point, cannot really prove that there are none who feel uncomfortable to voice their opinion on this forum. This is like “Raise your hand if you are not here! … See, everyone is here!”

Alright, I don’t want to provoke you with them any further either. Let’s just leave them there.

Understood. Clear text it is.