Missing tag autocompletion

• [x] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified. (can be reproduced on official demo)

Hello,

I have setup a dockerized ttrss instance, fully stock just added some feeds.
This is to replace an older instance (v19.2) which have some issues.

In the old instance the tags were autocompleting when starting to type them in the textbox, however in the newer version this is not the case and it would seem the demo shows the same behavior.
I checked and there are no particular or custom plugins related to tags on this instance so I assume this is something ttrss does by itself (correct me if I’m wrong).
If this is not something built in ttrss, where can I look to reproduce this on my new instance ?

Steps to reproduce :

• Open the tag textbox,
  • Start typing some common tag for your feeds,
  • See if a list of suggestion appear under the textbox.

Additional details:

• Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id): v22.12-fb4bc26
  • Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions: Docker 20.10.21

Screenshot of the old instance’s behavior :

this is something that scriptaculous, i think, was doing. at some point i’ve removed this library entirely (because it’s was heavy and only used in a few niche places like this) and likely tag completion went along with it.

i’m not sure how much of a bother this would be to reimplement but i’ll keep this in mind.

Hi fox,
Thank you for the answer, do you think I could add that back into the web server by tinkering a bit or would that require a lot of changes ?

i think a junior webdev should be able to implement something like that in one day, less if he’s familiar with the codebase.

the rest depends on you. :slight_smile:

p.s. if you do end up implementing it, don’t forget to file a PR.

1 Like

while this simple implementation has far less features than Ajax.Autocompleter (just look at the size of this monstrosity, and that’s without PrototypeJS it depends on…) i think it would be good enough:

https://gitlab.tt-rss.org/tt-rss/tt-rss/-/commit/af5c64045b436357006500afb448b266d927e65a

just start typing in the tags string and completions should appear below.