Minor cosmetic issue in Android app

• [X] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [ ] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [ ] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

There is one specific feed which displays some ‘artifacts’ when articles are seen in preview mode in the android app.
Once the article is open in the app, these artifacts disappear, see screenshots below.

Install latest Android app from F-droid and add following feed: http://www.righto.com/feeds/posts/default

• Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id):
    Server 23.04-0fcc71506
    Android app 1.303-fdroid
  • Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

I believe this has nothing to do with the server side app since articles from that feed are displayed just fine in the web gui, also debug feed does not show any error.
The issue has been present for quite some time now and it’s really just a minor annoyance but I thought it was still worth reporting.

you mean parts of CSS markup shown as article excerpt? i’ll take a look when i have some time to kill.

thanks for reporting.

That’s right, I had no idea it was CSS so I had no better definition than artifacts but thanks for understanding what I was referring to and looking into this.

unfortunately this feed has aggressive cloudflare protection which seemingly geoblocks my dev instance

08:27:16/74296 effective URL (after redirects): https://www.righto.com/feeds/posts/default (IP: 172.67.133.98) 
08:27:16/74296 server last modified: 
08:27:16/74296 unable to fetch: HTTP Code: 403  [403]

Would it help if I send you the XML file of the RSS through other means? If so please let me know how you prefer to receive it

obtaining XML isn’t the problem, i just don’t want to waste my time on someone who considers me not good enough to access the content.

FWIW new posts from that feed no longer show unwanted CSS, I assume this was an upstream problem and has been taken care of by the website owner…
Thanks for looking into this anyway.