Locked out of admin account due to OTP

I am self-hosting using docker.

I got locked out of my admin account. I was changing the password and enabled OTP. Expecting to be given an OTP secret key, it simply logged me out of the account, and upon attempting to login, it asked me for a OTP token…which I cannot give because it didn’t give me the OTP secret key.

How do I reset this? I have looked at this article but apparently that’s for SQL, and in the article it says there’s a separate page for Docker: Tiny Tiny RSS – FAQ

I edited the .env file and added UPDATE ttrss_users SET otp_enabled = false WHERE login = admin just to see if it would work, and it did not.

EDIT: I realized I had to take docker down first. I did so, then added the above line, tried to bring docker back up, but I get the error “key cannot contain a space”.

EDIT: This error is apparently caused by the variable having spaces. I removed the spaces (UPDATE ttrss_users SET otp_enabled=false WHERE login=admin) and still receive the error.

EDIT: I used the following syntax, still no luck. I don’t receive the same error but it’s still asking me for the OTP when I try to login:

UPDATE_ttrss_users 
SET_otp_enabled=false 
WHERE_login=admin

Same error with UPDATE_ttrss_users_SET_otp_enabled=false_WHERE_login=admin

LAST EDIT: After trying many different things, I decided to remove the database altogether. After several failed attempts I managed to delete all docker containers associated with ttrss. However, even after reinstalling ttrss, it still asks me for my OTP…

I give up. I’m going back to RSS Guard at this point.

:man_facepalming:

i’m looking through your other posts here and you giving up and going away would work for me. in fact, i’ll help by probating you for six months for what is either active refusal to turn on your brain or really creative trolling.