Issues with LinxJournal feed

Trying to get the linuxjournal RSS feed into tt-rss (https : // www . linuxjournal . com / node / feed), but it fails with the error

“Couldn’t download the specified URL: URL received after redirection failed extended validation.”

The XML document looks right, and I wasn’t able to spot any excessive redirections - what can I do to get it parsed?

I subbed to it on my own TT-RSS installation (obviously removing the spaces) and it worked just fine. Before that, I put it through myfeedsucks and it didn’t seem to have a problem with it either.

Odd. I’ll have a look tonight in the logs of my installation.

Having checked the logging for nginx, and the preferences -> system log (which is empty), I have no clue as to why tt-rss fails to add this RSS feed.

Is there some way to enable some form of debug logging? So I can figure out what exactly is going wrong?

Installation is Debian Buster, nginx 1.14.2, php 7.3. Nothing fancy.

I’m going to guess this is a certificate error of some sort; make sure your operating system is up to date. You can also SSH into the server and try getting the feed using curl or wget, that should give you a bit more of an idea why things aren’t working.

add feed via batch add (preferences → feeds) and then use feed debugger on it

that would be a libssl error, URL validation is just syntax. ports, scheme, etc.

still not a bad idea to use wget in case his IP is blacklisted and it redirects to localhost or something, there are weird people who actually do stuff like that.

Thanks.

Curl works fine, and I now added it through the batch add where it also works without an issue.

running through the debugger - it works fine… :confused:

It’s entirely possible it was just a transient error on their end.

I am having this issue. On a new install of tiny tiny RSS. Even though I have SSL turned on via Apache and Lets Encrypt. It occurs on all RSS feeds

THIS issue?

ALL feeds?

There are several hints in this thread for trying to debug the issue, have you tried them?

FWIW, the feed is not the problem.