Internal feed for feed issues

I’ve recently discovered some feeds I’ve subscribed to that have changed their feed URL or site format (since I’m using rss bridge to create feeds for sites that don’t have them). I only found out about that, and so missed a bunch of post, by visiting the web app. Most of the time I’m using ttrss through the android apps on tablet/phone.

I’d like to suggest the addition of an internal/ttrss-generated feed to report on any feed issues.

I’m happy to work on this myself and submit a patch, but just want to throw out the idea here first to gauge interest and open discussion.

I feel this idea has merit, given I hardly ever think to check the logs/errors under Preferences, and haven’t investigated running something like ‘logcheck’ on the containerised logs.

plugins may create virtual feeds with arbitrary-ish content, one could write a plugin like that.

web UI proper has a built-in dashboard feed which opens when there’s no articles, it has this information, then again it’s not a thing on android.

Why “when there’s no articles” ? Is there any other way to view this? What if some feed has issues and really you need to know before you’ve caught up on everything ?

Yes, I’m one of those people who leave a few articles purposefully unread as a reminder for something, because that’s what works for me.

In the example below, if you click on the “Published articles” category (which contains no articles), you will be able to click on the link to open the pop up listing the feeds with errors:

Otherweise you can reach the same dashboard via prefences → Feeds → Feeds with errors

Ah, yes. I do recall seeing both of those. But if, like me, you only ever “go to next category with unread” you never see those.

So, errors could be sat there awaiting attention without the user knowing.

Feeds with errors are also in a different color (red), so imho it’s hard to miss.

ETA: there also a warning in the reading pane, both for read and unread feeds:

And this is where we run head-long, once more, into the fact that TT-RSS has various UI layout options, and not all of them have a ‘reading pane’. And if you leave your categories collapsed, like I do, you don’t see the listing of individual feeds.

Basically, not all TT-RSS user experiences are the same.

Thanks, I’ll look into a plugin for this.

I’ve noticed some broken links at Tiny Tiny RSS – Making Plugins
The “samples” link should probably point to tt-rss-samples.git -
And under " Localization support" the link is broken, but I can’t find anywhere that it should link to.

i’ll make a note, however i’m having a rather busy week so it’ll have to wait.

both of those links should be fixed now here, it’s going to take some time before static wiki pages update.

dashboard is also shown on feeds like fresh articles which opens by default. it’s not exactly inaccessible.