Increasing content/body side margins

I’m trying out tt-rss and am awful at CSS.

I managed to figure out how to increase the headline and body fonts to my satisfaction, but I find the body’s content too wide to comfortably read and would like to constrain it to perhaps 70% of the area in the content pane on the left and right sides. Making my browser narrower is not a satisfactory solution as I use it for more than just tt-rss!

Hoping someone can provide CSS to do this.

Here is what I am using:

.cdm .intermediate img, .cdm .intermediate video, .cdm .content-inner img, .cdm .content-inner video {
border-width: 0;
max-width: 800px;
height: auto;
display: inherit;
}

.cdm .content-inner {
margin: 10px;
line-height: 1.5;
font-size: 16px;
max-width: 65%;
}

Thanks, that is a major improvement! But it only adds margins to the right side, not the left-- is it possible to do both?

Probably but I’m haven’t done that myself.

margin : auto;
max-width : ....;

Thank you, that works perfectly.

And thanks for the awesome software!

For anyone lurking or searching for something similar later, my final CSS block is below. Sets the headline/title font size to 26 points, the article content and preformatted code font sizes to 20 points, and the article content to be 65% of the width with a 60px left margin for a bit of separation. I find this to be very readable.

/* Google font CDN */
@import url("https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Noto+Sans+SC|Source+Code+Pro&display=");

/* Code pre font */
body.ttrss_main #content-insert pre, body.ttrss_main #headlines-frame pre, body.ttrss_main .dijitContentPane pre {
    font-family: 'Source Code Pro';
    font-size: 20px;
}

/* Article body font */
body.ttrss_main.ttrss_index.flat .dijitMenu .dijitMenuItemLabel, body.ttrss_main.ttrss_index.flat .content-inner, body.ttrss_main.ttrss_index.flat #content-insert, body.ttrss_main.ttrss_index.flat .cdm .content,
body.ttrss_main.ttrss_index.flat .post .content {
    font-size: 20px ! important;
    font-family: 'Noto Sans SC';
}

/* Headline/title font */
div.cdm.expanded div.header a.title {
	font-size : 26px;
} 

/* Margins to body content */
.cdm .content-inner {
margin-left: 60px;
max-width: 65%;