I'm using Stock docker compose: ttrss-docker_app_1 constantly restarting

• [x] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [ ] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [ ] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

Container ttrss-docker_app_1 is constantly restarting.

The backstory is I migrated my container host VM to a new hypervisor host a couple weeks ago. Changed nothing in the VM. Shut it down, moved it to the new host and booted it up again. TTRSS never fully came back up after this. Further inspection revealed that only the ttrss_docker_app_1 container was having problems. All other containers are stable and operating normally. But this one is constantly restarting. Error logs below.

Have no idea. I’ve destroyed the whole stack and redeployed to no avail. I’ve purged the container images and re-pulled them and the result is the same.

• Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:
    Docker on Debian 10

Container log error messages:

db:5432 - accepting connections
updating tt-rss source in /var/www/html/tt-rss from https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss.git...
fatal: not in a git directory
error: unable to update master repository.
updating plugins.local/nginx_xaccel...
fatal: not in a git directory
error: failed to update plugin repository.
NOTICE:  extension "pg_trgm" already exists, skipping
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function OpenTelemetry\API\Trace\ctype_xdigit() in /var/www/html/tt-rss/vendor/open-telemetry/api/Trace/SpanContextValidator.php:25
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/tt-rss/vendor/open-telemetry/api/Trace/SpanContext.php(35): OpenTelemetry\API\Trace\SpanContextValidator::isValidTraceId()
#1 /var/www/html/tt-rss/vendor/open-telemetry/api/Trace/SpanContext.php(110): OpenTelemetry\API\Trace\SpanContext->__construct()
#2 /var/www/html/tt-rss/vendor/open-telemetry/api/Trace/SpanContext.php(122): OpenTelemetry\API\Trace\SpanContext::create()
#3 /var/www/html/tt-rss/vendor/open-telemetry/api/Trace/Span.php(32): OpenTelemetry\API\Trace\SpanContext::getInvalid()
#4 /var/www/html/tt-rss/vendor/open-telemetry/api/Trace/Span.php(19): OpenTelemetry\API\Trace\Span::getInvalid()
#5 /var/www/html/tt-rss/vendor/open-telemetry/api/Trace/Span.php(25): OpenTelemetry\API\Trace\Span::fromContext()
#6 /var/www/html/tt-rss/classes/PluginHost.php(645): OpenTelemetry\API\Trace\Span::getCurrent()
#7 /var/www/html/tt-rss/classes/PluginHost.php(551): PluginHost->load_data()
#8 /var/www/html/tt-rss/include/functions.php(441): PluginHost->load()
#9 /var/www/html/tt-rss/update.php(78): init_plugins()
#10 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/tt-rss/vendor/open-telemetry/api/Trace/SpanContextValidator.php on line 25

no, you’re using obsolete setup which doesn’t use docker images and whatever you have in your dockerfile is no longer compatible with tt-rss source.

switch to image setup as described here https://tt-rss.org/wiki/InstallationNotes if you keep your volumes and postgresql version it should be seamless.

actually i have no idea what you’re using. switch to aforementioned compose setup regardless.

Will do! Thanks!

BRB with update

That did the trick.

Had to modify to use PG 12 instead of 15 but I’ll properly dump that data for import into PG15 later on.

Thanks for the quick response!