How to check current version of TT-RSS?

Hello, please where can I check the current version of TT-RSS? It’s not mentioned on project homepage (tt-rss[.org]), any sub-page, Git README (git.tt-rss[.org]/fox/tt-rss/src/master/README.md) or in package.json (git.tt-rss[.org]/fox/tt-rss/src/master/package.json). So how can I see it? Thanks.

NOTE: Please edit links before click to them. At this forum there’s some filter that not allow me post a links.

It’s on the home page:

Tiny Tiny RSS uses continuous development model based on git master branch which is considered stable. If possible, you should always be running latest master branch code.

In other words, the git master branch is the current version.

@JustAMacUser I’m really sorry but I still can’t see the version. Where is the section „Other words“ on Homepage of TT-RSS? I also searched in navigation, FAQ, … but without result. Please could you link the specific row in source code on master branch? Thank you.

It seems you missunderstood what JustAMacUser wrote. There is not section “Other words” :wink:

TT-RSS doesn’t work with traditional version releases like you are probably used to. In the traditional model, changes, bugfixes, new features and so forth get accumulated, until the maintainer thinks that a new version is warranted. Then, for example, a new version 1.6 is published, that replaces the old version 1.5.

TT-RSS uses a different model, a continuous development model. That basically means that changes, bugfixes, new features and so forth get released immediately. They all are integrated into the master branch of the git repository. Therefore, what ever code is in the master branch at a given time is considered the current stable version at this time. There’s no moniker like 1.5 or 0.9.23beta2.

If you need something like a version number, the id of the latest commit in the master branch would probably the best choice. As of right now, the lasted commit is

242aa6e411 Merge branch ‘allow-audio-cache’ of johnjaylward/tt-rss into master

This is the commit id (or the first few characters of the id), plus the comment that describes what the commit was supposed to do. You can find this information on the index page of the git repository.

What hkockerbeck said. And you can see the highlighted part in the image below.

Unless it’s not being updated, the version string is at the bottom of the Preferences page. The current version is:

Tiny Tiny RSS v20.11-242aa6e © 2005-2020 Andrew Dolgov

Perhaps the commit ID should be written out to 10 characters like from JustAMacUser’s screeshot like so:

Tiny Tiny RSS v20.11-242aa6e411 © 2005-2020 Andrew Dolgov

btw there’s also https://tt-rss.org/version.json which is what tt-rss internal update checker uses.