How can I find performance bottlenecks?

My tt-rss became ridiculously slow and I think it’s getting slower day by day. Sadly, I have no idea if I have something wrong with my settings or maybe the problem is the performance of my hosting. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to simply load tt-rss after logging in, sometimes when I’m already logged it it takes a few minutes to load fresh articles or simply… anything. I have no idea how can I check why it’s so slow, I don’t see any useful info anywhere in logs, actually, log is empty. Can you tell me what can I do to find out what’s the issue, what are bottlenecks?

Now I’m trying for 20 minutes to load tt-rss to provide info about the version I’m using. :expressionless:

Tiny Tiny RSS v18.12 (a482cb2), FreeBSD, PHP 7.1.21, PostgreSQL

First thing is to ssh into the server and get some basic stats on memory, storage (available space and IO), network and CPU usage. If you’re on a VPS you could have a bad neighbor utilizing some or all of the resources, that won’t show up in your stats.

Do you have anything else on this machine? If so, how does it perform?

Just fyi, using top you can see what CPU % was stolen by neighbors (or throttling, for things like AWS T2.) Understanding CPU Steal Time - when should you be worried? | Scout APM Blog has a decent intro.