Group by Feed URLs

• [Yes] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [No] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [N/A] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

I have the “group by feed” option enabled in prefs.

When browsing feeds in the special categories such as “Fresh articles” the hyperlink for the RSS feed group heading links to my ttrss instance and not the site URL as configured for each feed.

This differs to when browsing an individual feed where the heading is that of the Site URL as I would expect.

I don’t know if this is by design, but if not it would be good if the linking could be made consistent as at times I want to go straight to the site from “Fresh articles”

To reproduce

1. Enable “Group by feed” in prefs
  2. Go to fresh or all articles under special feeds and click on the group heading
  • Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id):
  • Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

v23.10-e956632c
Ubuntu 22.04.1 running tt-rss using Docker

i’ll try to take a look when i have some free time, thx for reporting.

when browsing without grouping, these elements also lead to the feed within tt-rss:

feed title link above roughly corresponds to the link below

while favicon link does nothing in group mode:

image - unclickable

i suppose to improve ui consistency:

1. favicon should open feed within tt-rss like in ungrouped mode;
  2. as for the heading, i’d like more opinions before i change how this works;

p.s. sorry for the delay.

https://gitlab.tt-rss.org/tt-rss/tt-rss/-/commit/a56e935deb9dcc9287117fba9208f7a25d4c81e5 this fixes the unclickable icon.

alright after some deliberation i’m changing it so that UI elements which mention feed by name (i.e. Peanuts) lead to originating site while nearby elements with feed favicon/RSS icon fallback lead to the feed within tt-rss UI.

https://gitlab.tt-rss.org/tt-rss/tt-rss/-/commit/a5b19e5ff5efd9425192fe8d7ca9c7d3c08182ed

i guess this makes all headings (global per-feed heading, per-grouped feed heading, and per-feed title element in ungrouped headlines view) behave consistently enough.

Thanks Fox.

I’ve pulled the latest image and it’s working great. Much appreciated.