GReader API Plugin - Development?

Unfortunately few mobile applications natively support the TT-RSS official API, and while there is a Fever API plugin, it uses the insecure MD5 hashing, and is now listed as deprecated by many (at least my) iOS app of choice, Reeder.

The other major self hosted RSS readers support or are supporting the old (and generally undocumented) Google Reader API. FreshRSS has supported it for some time, and MiniFlux is building out support now.

If TT-RSS weren’t the best self-hosted RSS reader out there I’d switch to another, but I just tried out FreshRSS and it felt sloppy by comparison (no HTTPS support, clunky UI, etc).

It’s unfortunate and a bit confusing that the old Google Reader API seems to be the “new standard”, but it looks like that may be the reality if we want to have support across mobile apps in the future.

I’m not a PHP developer, so I have to rely on Fox and the community for any new features or plugins, but I’m curious if anyone else is aware of efforts to build out GReader API support. If not, would anyone be willing to develop a plugin? I found that the FreshRSS plugin comments actually include some solid resources on the GReader spec: FreshRSS/greader.php at edge · FreshRSS/FreshRSS · GitHub