Feature Suggestion: Search Feeds When Reading / Enter to Search in Admin

Hi,
The following are two feature suggestions I’d love to see. That said, I realise this is Open Source and is developed to suit the Author’s requirements, not that of some random dude online asking. So please take these as the suggestions they are, not a request.

1. On the Feeds Tab in the Preferences page (where you can add/remove/edit your feeds) there’s a lovely little search button. If you type to search in there though, you have to click the Search button, just pressing Enter isn’t enough. It’d be lovely if you could just hit the enter key.

2. I love the search feature above! It would be cool if you could have a similar one on the main reading page so you can search for a specific feed instead of having to hunt up/down the list on the left hand side. I realise there’s already a “search” feature but it searches the article contents, I mean search the same was as in preferences, it narrows down the list of Feeds.

Thanks very much for reading!
Tim

1. i don’t remember why you can’t just use enter there but there might have been a reason for it. :thinking:
  2. not sure how would this work, there really isn’t a place for the search box in the main ui near feed tree.

i’ll make a note to take a look but no promises for either.

1 Like

Thanks fox, I really apprecaite all the hard work you put into TT-RSS and the fact you reply to almost every single post on here.

looks overbloated, i think.

don’t like this much either

Yea I agree they don’t “spark joy” as that stupid saying goes.

What about an option under the “Search…” in the menu called “Filter Feeds” and it brings up a search box that, once entered, filters the list of feeds to only those matching. And then there’s something in the Feeds sidebar that indicates “Filtered” with a small X you can kill the filter to go back to the full feed.

I’m terrible at UI design too - I hadn’t factored that bit into my request!!

Thanks fox

this could work, although i’m not sure how confusing would this be. if nothing else, it would be similar to how search works.

Hey fox.
Yea it probably would be a bit confusing.

Seeing as I’m the only one that’s asked for this and people aren’t exactly beating down the door requesting it, it’s probably better to take the “keep it simple” approach here and not bother - the interface is lovely and clean at the moment, let’s not pox it up because of me :slight_smile:
Tim

i already did some internal plumbing for this, the only thing left is the UI.

e: https://gitlab.tt-rss.org/tt-rss/tt-rss/-/commit/ff4248b09e1bcd48bb6346df123d5de68cf20e8d might as well add the rest

This works great! Thanks fox! Perfect, I can narrow down to find what I want easily.

Awesome. Cheers!!