[Feature request] New filter on article's original timestamp

Hi Fox,

I remember there were a lot of discussions in the past about TT-RSS using import’s timestamp instead of feed’s timestamp because it is unreliable, and I am totally fine with it.

I have a couple of feeds that on a daily basis publish very old stuff without any real reason.
It does not seem to me that it’s updated material; I already set up TT-RSS not to mark unread updated articoles and those slip through.
Also, sometimes WordPress’ blogs repubblish the whole feed.
Plus when I add a new source, usually the whole feed is downloaded and it might contain ancient articles…

I know this is a very niche request, but how feasible is to add a new filter’s rule, that will match the article’s date with some preset timeframe? Or allowing the user to specify a number of days/seconds to be checked against the website’s published date?

It is really a first world problem, as I can mark unread very fast.
Plus this would correct a problem on the side of the publisher, so I am totally fine if you decide not to do anything in this regards.

Thanks as usual for the attention.

Regards

there used to be timestamp-based matching but there were problems with it (the nature of which i don’t remember anymore) so it got removed.

i would prefer pluggable filter conditions but i’m not sure how realistic it is, with filter UI being rather complicated already.

alternatives:

• plugins should have ability to force-mark articles as read, so it should be possible to make a separate plugin which would do what you need.

• plugin may provide a filter action i.e. “mark old articles as read” (configurable or w/e) which would - at least partially - integrate with the filter system.

the latter one, i think, is the lowest effort solution. i could cook up something like that tomorrow to pass the time while i’m melting from the ongoing heatwave (our company office has no functioning AC and we’re sitting in the attic, it’s a lot of fun :confounded::gun:).

Thanks Fox. Any solution would work for me.

[OT]Summer of '94 in Saint Petersburg is one of my fondest memories. Does people still bath in the ponds of Mikhailovsky Garden?[/OT]

e: personally I find it hard to enjoy summers here but I’m glad you did.

lol, i haven’t seen it but it sure sounds like something people here would do. :face_with_monocle:

Back then global warming hasn’t been invented :slight_smile:

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/ttrss-catchup-old

Thank you Fox for developing the plugin.

Maybe there is something I am missing, but how does it works?

I git cloned it and enabled in preferences, but I do not see any new action if I create a new filter

I am not sure if it matters, but I am on shared hosting, PHP 7.3.28, MySQL 10.3.29-MariaDB and there are no errors in the logs

that’s matching, go to next tab (actions), find plugin action, and it should be there.

for matching you can match everything in wrong timestamp affected feeds.

As far as I can tell, it’s working perfectly.

Thank you very much Fox