[feature request] copy profile/add manage to top menu

My ttrss server is set up to use the web server basic auth to log a user in. This is very convenient but I use the server from several different devices, and the tablet has a different size/dpi than the phone than the laptop and such. We have different profiles already but:

• In manage profiles can we add something to create a profile that is a copy of the selected profile?
  • can the “Manage Profiles” dialogue be launched from the main hamburger menu instead of having to go to preferences, then select manage profiles.

Thanks.

copying makes sense, i guess, it would probably be one insert (select …) query anyway.

i’m not sure about the second one. you select the profile when logging in. presumably you don’t share session cookies between devices, why would you need to change profiles all the time?

giving a marginal feature such a prominent position in the UI feels like a bad idea. also, the code for this stuff is currently only loaded in preferences, so you can’t really make a plugin for it, not easily.

btw i’m on vacation till june 15 starting today so don’t expect anything actually done until then.

Thanks, Fox. When you login, if you have the auth_remote plugin enabled, as I do, you don’t get a choice of profile. The different devices I use have different screen sizes and so I need to have different css customizations for my 32 inch 4k monitor than a 10 inch FHD tablet.

You are right that for folks who use the built in tt-rss authorization this is likely marginal and not worth the space there, but if you use external auth it is quite convenient. Could a key combo be used instead?

ENJOY your vacation!!

ah, auth_remote. this makes more sense. i’ll make a note to implement profile copying but idk about that other thing. i’d rather not copy profile javascript stuff out of prefs-specific .js.

thanks!

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/8ed8a109659bc4a629dd785f21f22e99bb84f289

THANKS!!! fox. appreciate it

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/ttrss-profile-chooser

e: i might change this later to use the overflow menu, not sure why i made it a toolbar button. well, the principle is the same.

e2; found a bug with profile cloning - can’t clone default profile.