Failed with exit code: 255 since latest update

Hello!

Since pulling the latest update from GitHub (v20.10-e13d665), my feeds do not update anymore. All feeds have the error like the following

Update process for feed 56 (Pressengers, owner UID: 2) failed with exit code: 255 ().

My PHP-Version is 7.4.10 / Linux

check local configuration, start with verifying that your PHP_EXECUTABLE is pointing somewhere legit.

Thank you. I found out, that the solution you posted here brought the feeds back again.

Hello,
I’ve the same issue, i verified that passthru function is not disabled on my hosting. What can I do?

Thank you

Any help about this?

Cron Feed Update -> passthru has been disabled for security reasons - #7 by fox - Support - Tiny Tiny RSS: Community ?

As I’ve already said, passthru function is available on my hosting. This is the result of ini_get(‘disable_functions’)

Array
(
    [0] => opcache_get_status
)

I’m running PHP 7.3.21 with crontab update (update.php --feeds --quiet).

Thanks!

I think there’s more than enough information upthread (including linked threads) so that any shared hosting user afflicted with not-working exec functions can fix it for himself, one way or another.

Don’t expect any further code changes and/or handholding from me personally because of this.

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/src/master/update.php#L51

I’m not sure whether your php interpreter is malfunctioning or you managed to corrupt the source checkout somehow but I don’t see any syntax errors there in git master. Not sure what to tell you (other than to suggest you switch to a supported deployment method).

After reviewing the errors in the database (ttrss_error_log), I found that there was an undefined function filter_var() being used. I installed the php73-filter-7.3.23 package (where this function is defined on FreeBSD) and the issue was resolved. I’ve not run into this exit code 255 problem on CentOS 7.8.2003 so I can’t suggest a solution on that platform.

The nutshell: Check the database error logs to see if there are any undefined functions you can install support for using your operating system’s tools. This is assuming you’re not using Docker.