Enable af_readability by default for every feed

Hello ttrrs community,

I started some time ago to use ttrss, thanks to YunoHost.org.

I installed the plugin af_readability and everything works fine, but I have to manually activate the plugin. I imported an opml file with hundreds of feeds and I was wondering if there is a way to enable the plugin by default, or if there is a configuration in the database that I can modify, so I don’t have to manually configure every feed.

Thanks!

this won’t be straightforward because plugin data is serialized in the database in php native format, i think, not even json. not sure how to do this tbh.

Thank you. So the easiest way would be to do it manually?

yep, afraid so.

/20char

p.s. using readability on all feeds would cause considerable overhead.

I would like to have an archive with all the world news and ttrss seems like an easy out of the box solution.

Do you think that it could break with so many entries and af_readability activated?

Thanks

it won’t break but fetching and processing origin pages and parsing html would require more resources than not doing it. unless you plan to run tt-rss on rpi you’ll be fine.

e: some people really hate it when their sites are scraped so there’s also that.

1 Like

You can create a filter that matches every article and invoke the readability plugin.

2 Likes

Thank you, this seems a smart solution.

Thank you!

By the way, to select multiple feeds and then modify settings/deleting, etc. would be a very nice feature!

you can select multiple feeds and modify settings or delete them. not plugin settings though.