Couldn't download the specified URL: ; 47 Maximum (20) redirects followed

• [ ] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [ ] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [X] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

I am trying to subscribe to a feed. When I input the link, I return with the following error:

Couldn’t download the specified URL: ; 47 Maximum (20) redirects followed

I searched this string and found it has something to do with curl and cookies. On the original web page, when I try to load any pages past the first one, I also return with an error suggesting the problem is due to cookie refusal. This has never happened before, as I have been using the website without issue until yesterday, and I have never had to allow cookies. Because it began giving me this problem, I thought I would try using RSS, only to encouter it the same.

If I were somehow able to allow cookies for the RSS feed (I don’t know how to do this for Tiny Tiny RSS or curl, but I assume this is done through a config file) what would this mean for my privacy? I am new to RSS.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
Select ‘Subscribe to feed…’
Input link

• Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id): Tiny Tiny RSS vDebian 21~git20210204.b4cbc79+dfsg-1.2
  • Platform versions: FreedomBox version 22.19 (Debian 12 Bookworm GNU/Linux)

Browser: Tor Browser 13.0.1 (based on Mozilla Firefox 115.4.0esr)
I access my FreedomBox over Tor using its .onion address. Tor Browser has NoScript enabled and the security setting ‘Safest’ enabled. I have changed nothing from the last time the website was operational for me.

Thank you for your time.

http request tt-rss makes is being cyclically redirected for whatever reason. this has nothing to do with tt-rss per se, it’s something with your setup and/or feed origin website.

this website could ban your IP (or tor subnets), or tt-rss user agent, or any number of things which would block you without you changing anything. welcome to the internet. it’s a series of tubes, most of which you don’t get to have any control over.