Correct way to install additional plugins using the docker-compose image?

I searched, but didn’t see official documentation for whether it’s possible or not install a third party plugin in the docker-compose tt-rss app. I’m trying to get the LDAP plugin working (I know it’s unofficial, angelnu’s fork GitHub - angelnu/TTRSS-Auth-LDAP: GitHub repository for Tiny Tiny RSS's auth_ldap plugin )

I initially looked into adding a volume mapping a plugins.local folder similar to the config.d folder, but the native folder /var/www/html/tt-rss/plugins.local is populated and I didn’t want to stomp it.

I created a “plugins” folder in my host directory, and added a volume for each plugin:

- ./plugins/auth_ldap:/var/www/html/tt-rss/plugins.local/auth_ldap/:ro

Since these are ro, the app crashes trying to change permissions in there. I changed it to rw, but the plugin not only isn’t working, it isn’t logging that I can see.

Without focusing on that plugin specifically, is there a better way to install third party plugins using the docker-compose install? Would a third party plugin be logging to the “app” container’s log in “docker-compose logs -f” or should I enter the container and look for local logs?

it’s probably a system plugin you need to enable via environment.

mounting stuff into plugins.local should work. alternatively you can mount entire plugins.local.

Yea, their doc shows it needs to be enabled via .env. I’ll tinker and maybe submit a PR to the plugin author, if nothing but for updated documentation.