Click to open next unread feed hidden by scrolling

• [ ] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [ ] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [X ] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

I noticed that if you enable “Mark read on scroll” in preferences and scroll a feed, the “Click to open next unread feed” link disappear if you keep scrolling past the last unread article in the feed.

Just enable the above setting and scroll :slight_smile:

• Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id):
  • Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:
    I could reproduce in the official demo

There was a time when the link for the next unread feed worked, but I can not remember when it stopped working

the empty space is added so you could mark last articles as read, i guess it could be shortened somewhat so the prompt was always on the screen, but i don’t really want to bother with it.

so it doesn’t work? or you can just scroll past it? i don’t get it.

sorry for the confusion. The link itself works, but you can scroll past it, while earlier, no matter how much you scrolled, the link stayed at the top of the right pane

if it is a behavior you prefere not to change, I guess I will scroll slower. The issue is with very short articles. It is difficult to mark them as read and at the same time keep the link to move to the next feed.

i’ll make a note but no promises. that’s how this always worked though, so it’s not something new. i guess you’re the first to notice.

Thanks Fox.
I always used marked as read by scrolling and have a very vague memory of the link stopping at the top of the page. But I might be wrong of course :grin:

Could try using hacky custom CSS to shorten it:

body.ttrss_main #headlines-frame[data-auto-catchup="true"] #headlines-spacer {
  height: 95vh;
}

Adjust the 95 to suit.

Hi Shabble, thanks for your feedback.

I customized the default theme and entered lower and lower values, up to 10. The vertical scrollbar is now indeed at a “fixed lenght” but, as far as I can tell, on Firefox and Chrome the link still does not stay on the top of the page :frowning_face:

Ah - I was presuming 3-pane, all vertical, not ‘Combined Mode’, and possibly a few other things. i.e.:

Screenshot

My bad for not listing the setting. Sorry.
In my case, two pane, combined mode

try this

#headlines-spacer {
    height: calc(100vh - 32px) ! important;
}

This is working.
Thanks a lot Fox.

alright. maybe this should be in stock CSS.