Bug when using Edit selected feeds to change language

• [ ] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [X] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [ ] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

Modification: Pretty sure it begins and ends with the old, unsupported af_redditimgur plugin, but I also duplicated on the demo @ srv.tt-rss.org.

Description + steps:
Added a couple of feeds this morning before running errands, and had an error on them when I got home (Update process failed with exit code: 255 ()). Okay, started chasing that down and it was apparently because the feeds had been set to language “Simple.” Easy enough, change to English and the feed parses with no problem. If you need testing feeds, Reddit, YouTube, and pretty much everything on the official demo will throw the same error when set to Simple.

Then I get the brilliant idea to change all my feeds to English, except for a few foreign language feeds. Easy enough, right? Preferences, Feeds tab, Select - All, Feeds - Edit Selected Feeds, check the box next to language, set the drop down to English, hit Ok, confirm the action. Except you actually just set all your feeds to “Simple” and that sucks.

Did some testing on my setup, and setting to the arbitrary choice of Indonesian had the same result. Wasn’t going to report it because I had no idea where to even begin with tracking it down, then realized I could test on the official demo. Duplicated on the official demo in Firefox 115.0.2 and Chrome 115.0.5790.110. Think they were all “Simple” and already throwing that error when I got there, so I set a few to English and then tested.

Looked up simple in the forum and it seems to be a Postgres thing, so that error is probably expected, but bulk-editing language always setting to “Simple” is probably an issue. Nothing in the error log other than the parser errors.

• Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id): 23.06-a9d8fd8b on my server, 23.06-dc25a9cf on your demo.
  • Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions: Mine’s just docker on Ubuntu with af_redditimgur

If I’m off-base then sorry to waste your time. Got the idea to test on demo and when that reproduced I figured now I was obligated to report. Testing method was manually set one or two feeds to English, select all and change to English, then check the manual feed(s).

yeah, it’s likely a bug. i’ll take a look when i have some time, thanks for reporting.

this should fix it: https://gitlab.tt-rss.org/tt-rss/tt-rss/-/commit/40df94c1691a9ec827c0bc47ad5cc704f571126f

sorry for the delay.