Android app jumping

I’m using a pixel 3xl. Ttrss app version 1.290.

When thumbing through articles, any article longer than a full screen height, jumps up, removing padding between the headline and article contents.
screen-20201006-083840_00

well, i’m not seeing this on my phone. unless you can replicate this on an emulator, i can’t help you.

@ddowdle I’ve just checked and am seeing the same behavior. It’s only when swiping to the long article, not when you initially open it. It never bugged me enough to notice.

I did notice that this is spammed in logcat don’t know if it’s related.

E chromium: [ERROR:tile_manager.cc(793)] WARNING: tile memory limits exceeded, some content may not draw

I’ll keep poking around and see if there is anything useful I can discover to point @fox in the right direction. I’m not hopeful as I only know enough to break my phone, not fix it.

so, any long article does this, or specific ones?

i’ve just swiped through a bunch of articles, long and short, and was (again) unable to replicate this.

e: i like the accordion effect so i’m not reverting this :slight_smile:

here’s an experimental build which replaces subclassed webview the app was using for whatever reason long lost in the past with standard webview, report if you see any difference.

(removed)

apk is signature-compatible with the play store version so if you use that just install it on top.

it’s unlikely that there’s going to be any difference.

The apk did not fix it. But I have more info. I thought the new apk had fixed it, it was not jumping then I long pressed on an image and did an open with… then the next long article jumped up again. I force stopped the app. Went back in, no jump, until I did open with again (I did also expand the image size), and jumping started again.

well done, i’m seeing this jumping on an emulator now, after clicking on an image. no idea why though. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: it was a webview focus issue

(apk removed, see below)

I saw the confidence in the fix with the version number in the latest apk. That did do it. Minor annoyance gone.

i’ve uploaded 1.291 as new play store beta, in case blocking focus breaks something.

One thing I noticed in the latest release (also tried beta 1.291) is that short articles have extra space at the bottom, and the horizontal scroll indicator doesn’t show unless I scroll down beyond the empty space.

Before scrolling down:

After scrolling down and slightly scrolling right:

Nokia 6.1 Plus, Android 10.

alright i’m getting somewhat tired of android-related nitpicking so i’m going to remove this indicator (who even cares, seriously?) and call it a day.

if someone wants this little blue stripe so much they can go dig into view hierarchy on their own time, because this is where i’m drawing the fucking line.