Android App Full Version Unlocker [is incompatible with android 14]

I haven’t seen this posted by anyone yet, but with Android 14 just released and the first Pixel native phones out there is an issue with the full version unlocker app (the actual app is fine).

It is marked as incompatible with Android 14 and therefore not being ported across as part of the phone migration process and not downloadable from the play store. I think it may just need an target API bump.

I personally wouldn’t mind paying again via an IAP for what it’s worth given how much I use it everyday.

4 Likes
1 Like

google faithful have already started email-spamming me about this. why can’t i just completely remove my android developer account is completely beyond me.

their fucking developer console is somehow even worse now than it was when i last saw it. fucking christ.

oh yes please and maybe ban my account entirely why you’re at it. that would be great.

e: everything is already unpublished but it doesn’t matter because people who already downloaded it can keep downloading it which is outside of my control.

i also can’t update anything, including store listing, to tell people that it’s normal that nothing works because i need to provide a fuckload of information to mommy google to comply with all the new policies i give zero shit about because i don’t want to be published on their store in the first place.

they also want new screenshots and a fucking icon:

goddamnit.

I share your pain. Every time I have to do something in the Google Play Console I click on 5-6 menu items until I find what I’m looking for. The names are so undescriptive and misleading.

And don’t get me started on the “publish changes” system. You click on release, see “started rollout at 100%” (note the past tense), and think you’re done. Next day you notice nobody got the update. Why? Because you didn’t “publish” the rollout??!

It took me a while to find this thread after the TT-RSS from Google Play stopped working when my phone updated to Android 14 (because the unlocker app is no longer compatible). Of course, the direct download APK works just as fine.

Thanks for the good work!