Advancing to next feed on mark read 1 day/week

When I mark an entire feed/category read, the auto-advancing to the next feed makes sense - there is nothing to read. However, when I mark read older than 1 day/1 week/2 weeks the feed also advances to the next feed/category. At least in my use, and I suspect others, we do this because we haven’t read a feed in a while and want to just see the most recent articles not a lot of old stuff. That means you want to stay on the feed you do the mark read on and not advance unless the mark read is mark all read.

Does that make sense? I’d think it is the more typical use case.

sometimes i think that your entire tt-rss experience revolves around not reading articles :slight_smile:

anyway it makes some amount of sense but its adding yet another special case behavior where there wasn’t one before. i’ll try to take a look when i’m sufficiently bored.

:slight_smile: yeah, it may seem that way. i track 150-200 feeds. I use filters and labels to pick you the articles i am most likely to be interested in. i grouped most important feeds into categories and have ordered the categories so i read the most relevant materials in order after labeled items. if i miss a day or two i can have several thousand articles to read and so read labeled and then most important categories but for other, low importance categories, I mark read older than 1 day or another option, to cut down what I read.

So, yes and no. Filters and the ordering and grouping let me set priorities for what to read and what I can most likely afford not to read if I don’t have the time to stay current on it all.

tt-rss is just awesome for letting you track and tag key items from the fire hose of the web.

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/87184904ed9e0ac932e179a918b28766408fa3b7

this should fix it, sorry for the delay. somewhat busy last few weeks.