A news portal for Tiny Tiny RSS

Hi,
for my own usage, I’ve developed an alternative desktop frontend for the “news” feeds. It’s a very small (642kb gzipped) react portal with widgets (like the old iGoogle).

It has two widget style: with excerpt or only title.

Here a screenshot:

Of course it use Tiny Tiny RSS API as a backend.

Link to github: GitHub - timendum/ttportal-react: A Portal for TT RSS

In the release section you can find the ready to use packages, just unzip it anywhere, enable the API in your TTrss installation and create a “portal” category with the feed you want to see in the portal.

I’ve setup an installation on github pages, but to use it you have to setup CORS.

I was scared about the size. 642kb for a simple portal is not that small. But the gzip archive contains JS map file. After removing them, and compressing PNG with zopflipng, the gzip archive is only 111kB.

Good job. I think it won’t fit my use case, but a lot of people prefer that kind of presentation.

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve changed the build step to provide releases without map files.

Whereas zopflipng reduce the two png only a few bytes.

The portal doesn’t fit my “general” use case either, I still open TTRss website or app every day, but it’s nice to see the headlines from the news in a single page all day and being able to open an article (and mark as read it) directly.