White Android control bar with dark-theme on android app

Describe the problem you’re having:

The android control bar at the bottom of the screen remains white when tiny tiny rss app is in dark theme

If possible include steps to reproduce the problem:

Take a Oneplus 6T, configure it to use dark theme in general settings, install TTRSS, configure it to use dark theme, read a news… Control bar stay white.

tt-rss version (including git commit id):

app: 1.264 (498)
server :
git cat-file commit HEAD
tree 3e5e415be8e411bb6a8eeac2e5a62e926f103c72
parent 4fa9aee4e7d187ed0f87d0dc9b88a86ba625c58f

Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

Server : Debian 9.9, php 7.0.33, mariadb 10.1

Please provide any additional information below:

Screenshot : how TTRSS look like after all.
ttrss|230x500

i’m not sure what version of android your oneplus 6t is running but setting navigation bar to black works on my android devices and, more importantly, stock AVD. here’s the exact place where this style is defined for all API21+ devices:

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss-android/src/master/org.fox.ttrss/src/main/res/values-v21/style.xml#L12

unless you can figure out why this style directive is ignored by your phone, there’s not much i can do to help.

i usually don’t bother with vendor-specific bugs that can’t be reproduced on an AVD for obvious reasons, i.e. i can’t acquire every device under the sun to figure out why this specific fork of android, a horrible platform itself, is broken in this particular way.

This Oneplus 6T (A6013) run android 9 (OxygenOS 9.0.14).

Parameter > Display > Theme : dark

It’s probably a vendor-rom regression but in that case, is it possible to give a force black option ? Or a “use cover color” option for control bar like in open source Amaze file manager ?

“force black” is what the app does already. the color itself doesn’t matter, it could be any rgb value.

i’m not aware of any other standard way to adjust navigation bar color and honestly would prefer to not add hacks because of one possibly broken device.

however, i promise to take a look if a clean enough PR is submitted over this.

if that file manager is open source you can try figuring out how it sets the color, otherwise its not really helpful.