Table collation issues and questions

I’m getting warnings and user notices regarding what I believe is db collation issues and I’d like to solve them. Although I’m lacking db knowledge to do the right steps.

Here are the warnings:

SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xC5\xBBebro...' for column `ttrss`.`ttrss_entries`.`title` at row 1

and

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='

I’ve taken a look at the table collation and I have 2 types: utf8_general_ci and latin1_swedish_ci. I’m reading in forums that people have switched to utf8mb64 but not all the tables. So I’m confused on how to move forward and remove these warnings.

Thanks for your help.

Tiny Tiny RSS v19.8 (5bb8dad), Debian 10, PHP 7.3.11, mysql 15.1

After a bit of hesitation on this question, I solved it by changing the collation fo the incriminating tables, using this mysql command:
ALTER TABLE <table_name> CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4;
I’ve done it on a few tables. I just added this command here for myself to find when I might need it again. Also, it might help someone else in this case.

I’m using utf8mb4 for all my tables on MySQL, I also set collation to utf8mb4_unicode_ci. I set these as the default for all my MariaDB installs.

I found a great article on a random blog that describes the issues and process to convert tables (for those finding this post in the future):

https://mathiasbynens.be/notes/mysql-utf8mb4

If you do this, be sure to change MYSQL_CHARSET In your config.php file to UTF8MB4 so TT-RSS does not apply its workaround when storing to the database.

Just encountered this same issue myself, and had to fix the charset on the _entries and _enclosures tables for it to work again.