[SUGGESTION] Make feeds with starred articles more visible

yep, this should fix it:

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/a6ced361890ab44e049369ac63a74b63f8820b7e

thanks for reporting.

Just did a new git pull and it’s indeed working again.
Thanks for the quick fix Fox.

with this changeset feed tree should switch to showing starred counters if view mode is set to starred: https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/60288f02e8947282bf9226f63d0ce052f9c9ac61

this is something that i personally was missing after above changes.

This is elegant and extremely pleasing to watch.

What I believe is missing is a keyboard shortcut (for example f z) or a top menu that would update feed tree with only feeds containing starred articles, either read or unread. It would make managing those articles much more easier.

But as I wrote earlier, I am very happy with the current situation

Thanks again for improving what was already better than before.

Regards

this makes sense but first hiding of categories/feeds would need to be reworked, i’ll make a note to take a look at this.

i think hide read feeds might as well hide feeds with no starred articles when browsing by starred, a separate mode/hotkey seems like unnecessary function bloat.

the option should probably be renamed (or a comment added that notes this behavior)

e: this is now in trunk

I git updated and I am now using v20.02-282b445

Unfortunately “Un/hide read feeds” is broken for me.

I tried using the keyboard’s “f a”, hamburger menu “(un)hide unread feeds” and preferences “hide read feeds” but I am not able to hide read feeds, no matter what I select in the top right menu (unread or starred).

I used Chrome 80.0.3987.116 in regular and incognito mode, and tried with Microsoft Edge, without any difference I could notice. I could try to disable plugins, but I am not sure it has any impact.

Below is browser’s console:

AppBase.js?1582285246:161 keyeventToAction f a => feed_unhide_read
common.js?1544814978:20 xhrPost: {op: “rpc”, method: “setpref”, key: “HIDE_READ_FEEDS”, value: true}
common.js?1544814978:20 xhrPost: {op: “rpc”, method: “getAllCounters”, seq: 7}
AppBase.js?1582285246:161 keyeventToAction f a => feed_unhide_read
common.js?1544814978:20 xhrPost: {op: “rpc”, method: “setpref”, key: “HIDE_READ_FEEDS”, value: false}

The database’s error log is empty.

I am on shared hosting, using PHP 7.2.27 and MariaDB 10.2.31.

Please let me know if I can provide more information.

Regards

Yup, same here. Checking ‘Preferences’ the ‘Hide read feeds’ is still ticked. Tried un-ticking ‘Combined Mode’, no difference. Also, access using ‘chromium-browser -incognito’ same situation. f a keystrokes does nothing. It’s broke.

Edit to add: This is on self-hosted, hard metal, i.e., no docker instance of tt-rss. postgresql 9.5, php 7, …

It’s working just fine for me. git clone on Debian, postgresql 12.2, php 7.3.

this is done through CSS now so if you’re using a third-party theme it will need to be updated.

It’s late here and I gotta turn in for the night, BUT I wasn’t using third-party, my theme was set to ‘Default’ when this issue started. I’ve now set the theme to ‘light.css’ and Hide/un-Hide Feeds is working again at commit 282b445 . Thanks for the hint.

OT: At the moment, clicking on any link to a commit like say:

https://git.tt-rss.org/git/tt-rss/commit/282b445a43eaf34f79e946fd2e41bcf96a365fbe

is now redirecting to: https://git.tt-rss.org/install

yeah it looks like gogs changed something in their docker container so everything broke when it got updated. really enjoying this shit right now.

these people also seemingly can’t understand a simple concept of version history

the fuck is this shit, what does latest even point to?

reverted to the 0.11.91 (thanks at least for tagging that) so we’re up now, i think.

e: my bad for enabling auto updates for docker stuff, i guess. back to doing this manually.

Yes links to commits AND git pulls are working again. For moment anyway. lol

The feedlist is only hidden with light.css, it unhides with compact.css. So I guess not all the CSS files are updated.

you’re running into browser cache issues.

On my end, switching from “default” to “light” re-enabled (un)hiding unread feeds.
Now I can also experience the automatic hiding of feeds without starred articles if I choose starred.

I just cleared the cache and tried with incognito. Only changing theme seems to be working.

default.css is compiled into light.css, that’s why it works for you. it’s 100% a cache issue somewhere.

e: on an unrelated note there’s a new gogs/gogs docker image which is seemingly fixed, although no tagged image yet. how hard can it be to do this absolutely basic shit right.

smh

https://community.tt-rss.org/t/hiding-read-feeds-not-working/3249/5?u=fox

let’s continue in the other thread

I usually don’t carry a ton of old saved articles so I haven’t had a problem. But I do agree having the feeds highlighted would be good. I don’t know much about stylesheets so I am going to ask.

Thanks and regards.