Starred and General articles

I am running latest version using the compact theme.

When I view my news, I always view unread from the dropdown. If I goto the starred category, I need to choose “All Articles” or nothing shows up in the starred category. When I then go back to read my main news, I need to once again choose “unread” from the dropdown so that I can see only unread items only. Is there a mod or something that will show all articles if you click on starred category?

Starred category should really be exempt from that dropdown choice.

thanks

this is accounted for when you’re using adaptive which is the default

Beautiful. Thanks, I will try the adaptive out. I was not sure what that did anyway.

Great work on this software. I am using it to finally cut the cord of newsblur. Next step for me is to try and figure out a way to take my 300+ saved articles from newsblur and get them into my tt build. I was thinking a user script or a dirty chrome addon to basically grab all the data so I can import it into the db.

After using the data-migration plugin the Starred Articles category shows thousands of articles with the import date first when sorting by “Default”.
Before migrating sorting by Default showed new starred articles.

Wouldn’t that be expected behaviour? The default sort method sorts by the date it was imported into the database. This is because some web sites do stupid things like publish articles with dates from 10 years ago; to prevent a user from missing such an article the import date is used in sorting.

You can read more about sorting from the wiki:

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/wiki/Sorting

Now whether the data-migration plugin should preserve the original import date is another issue that fox can address. It seems to me, though, that the current method makes the most sense.

1. starred feed is priority sorted by last starred (a separate field), but it is not migrated. I think migrating it and any other fields besides the bare minimum would be going too far tbh.

2. data_migration is not supposed to be some kind of magical perfect tool, it’s a way out of mysql for people who made a bad decision of using it in the past and can’t get over their data hoarding obsession. nothing more, nothing less.