[solved] Media display according to browsers

The newest versions have a slightly different style for configuring. Instead of defining constants (as the older versions did), you now define environment variables. This change was made when Docker became the supported installation method.

You can still use TT-RSS without Docker, it just means the configuration file will look a little different. The wiki has instructions here:

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/wiki/GlobalConfig

I had read it, I did not understand much and English as foreign language is not the only reason. I tried to complete the config file. It is now much more complex. There are dozens of fields to ajust, sometimes it looks that there are repeated : why must I enter the BDD informations once, and then a second time as default values … and so on.

That was my meaning when I wrote above : TT-RSS is no more for dumb users.
My choice is now : using obsolete and risky TT-rss or extension FeedBro in Firefox. Even the feed reader in Thunderbird does a better and quicker job from my user point of view.

Thanks all the same for taking the time to give answers and for the warnings about the risks.

You should be better served to have a VM that runs the docker version. It is not hard to set up and there is even a thread around here recommending VM vendors.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

i’m not sure why do i even bother writing the wiki.

e: did you just start filling stuff to classes/config.php? oh god.

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/wiki/GlobalConfig#minimal-config-php-for-a-non-docker-setup

does this make it easier to understand?

It’s not. You just change define to putenv and have the name and value be inside a single set of quotations (single or double, your choice). There are not dozens more, you just set what you need, which should be the database info (and maybe plugins).

Of course it is. You’re comparing the frontend of a feed reader with the backend of a feed reader. A better comparison with setting up TT-RSS would be compiling Thunderbird from source.

That’s a nice addition. Thank you.

Thank you for all your efforts, you have been kind, polite and patient. I understood my mistake for the location of the config file. I have completed it using on my new test site the wiki reference : Minimal config.php for a non-Docker setup.

But I only reached a blank page.

I feel that I won’t be able to handle a TT-rss in this recent version and I will destroy my obsolete and risky tt-rss.

Blank page usually means a startup error. You should check the server logs for errors. There’s a good chance you just have a typo in your config.php file. You can check that file specifically in the terminal with php -l config.php to see if there are any obvious errors.

You don’t have to destroy anything. You can dump your working database and import it into your test environment. Whenever I have to do big upgrades I recreate the production environment in a virtual machine. Then do the upgrade and see what happens. You can create a VM with the existing, old, working installation of TT-RSS. Import that database and make sure it’s working. Then do the upgrade and see what happens. Make notes as needed for tweaks you have to make along the way. Then reset the test environment (virtual machine snapshots are great for this kind of thing) and do it again to be sure you have a handle on it. Then backup production and do the upgrade.

I would like to point one thing out though: The entire process I just described above is rendered largely unnecessary with a utility like Docker. You might do well to simply learn it and go that route.

post your resulting config.php.

I deleted my dear tt-rss and won’t reinstall any, since it cannot be used on a shared hosting. I call this a regression, on my point of view. I found an other solution.