RSS Guard - obtain really "updated" headlines

Hello guys, I am the developer of RSS Guard - github com martinrotter/rssguard

RSS Guard can optionally download only unread messages with getHeadlines+view_mode=unread API function.

However, when user marks some message as READ directly in TT-RSS web application, then RSS Guard does not receive this “mark as read” change, because again “getHeadlines+view_mode=unread” API call is used.

I would like to also receive these messages with “updated state” so I tried to call “getHeadlines+view_mode=updated” but that somehow returns much more messages for given feed than those with changed state.

Any recommendations?

1. that’s not what updated means in ttrss
  2. you will have to extend the api to get this information, api is pluggable so this means writing a plugin.

The API system is actually extensible via plugin. You could create your own handlers to get exactly the information you want.

The best course of action is probably to assume the client is not up-to-date. You can use getHeadlines and compare it with the information you already have. I’d probably just repeat the request for the headlines but set show_content to false so the response is small (typically KBs) in size. The include_header option can be used to see if new articles have been added.

Looks like fox beat me to the response… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

OK, thanx for info.
Writing a plugin is out-of-scope for me, but thank you. :slight_smile:

Btw is there any repository for API plugins so that I can go through available plugins?

I’m not sure if it could be useful, but I found at least two RSS apps (Fiery Feeds and old News+) using this plugin tt-rss-newsplus-plugin/api_newsplus at master · hrk/tt-rss-newsplus-plugin · GitHub for TTRSS