RIP tt-rss update notifier at chrome store

the extension is not maintained and i’m tired of receiving tons of “guidelines”, “policy updates” and other pointless walls of text from google because of it.

i’ve removed all my other stuff from chrome store to self-host, this was the last item. this way i can just block their email and forget the whole thing.

if someone else wants to rehost it and maybe even maintain it (even though dealing with this store is such a colossal PITA it’s not worth it imo), i give this theoretical person my blessing.

Sorry, I don’t found on this self-host TT-RSS Notifier.
And from this link I try install to Vivaldi (Chromium based) AliExpress extension, but can’t with error ss_20200729_105925_1
policy importing in registry and restart browser.

alright, i really need to read things before replying to them. sorry.

anyway, yeah, no tt-rss addon on the above site. Vivaldi likely has its GPO registry keys under a different name somewhere (or doesn’t support GPO at all) - above site only supports Chrome and new (chromium-based) Edge.

e: i’ve added tt-rss notifier to CRX installer

e2: if you can figure out if vivaldi supports GPO via registry in a similar fashion to Chrome / Edge, I can add it to policy.reg generator.

In Vivaldi I did next:

• Enable development mode.
  • Unpack downloaded extension
  • Load unpackable extension to Vivaldi with speacial button in dev-mode.

Thank you

if you want to use unpacked extensions (and it works similarly to chrome), you shouldn’t need to deal with CRX files or registry at all.

git clone extension to a directory somewhere and add unpacked extension in developer mode. main problem with this is that on windows chrome clones like to disable developer extensions on restart.

Not showing unread count badge at latest version

There are three working update notifiers in the Fx store: addons.mozila.org
I prefer: Tiny Tiny RSS Guardian

RIP tt-rss update notifier at chrome store !

Chrome and it’s associated chrome-a-clones aren’t the only option - and in this instance, the extension in question is available and maintained.

i’ve installed the build off https://fakecake.org/crx.php and it seems to be working with my test instance:

if you still had the original installed from chrome store it should also work because there were no changes since then. you can try getting some information from extension → inspect background page, etc.

installed from CRX installer, apply [policy.reg] - does not work :frowning:

idk if this helps but i had to add an ending slash to tt-rss url

so this worked http://192.168.137.100/tt-rss/
and this didn’t http://192.168.137.100/tt-rss

hmmm… ...:8280/tt-rss work for me, ...:8280/tt-rss/ - does not work. thank you.
upd. on click opens /tt-rss (port 80) instead of :8280/tt-rss

can anyone confirm ?

don’t run stuff on non-standard ports and expect the rest of the world to work with it

use reverse proxies

inb4

but i don’t want to

then suffer

:expressionless: I didn’t know such things existed and wrote one for Chrome.