Plugin to delete individual entry?

Is there a plugin to delete individual entries? As I mentioned elsewhere I use TT-RSS more as an aggregator for searches than something that shows the latest-and-greatest - many of my feeds have no expiration dates. However sometimes I know the entries won’t be relevant to me, e.g., it’s a technical blog what has occasional asides, or some of the older entries have contain information that’s no longer pertinent.

I can delete the entries from the database but that’s not as convenient as doing something via the UI and the articles may be redownloaded anyway - for now I’ve been nuking the content but leaving everything else alone but maybe there’s a better way to do this. If there is I’m sure it’s a plugin.

(This isn’t archiving (or I don’t understand what archiving means) - I want the feeds to have no expiration date since since I want them updating even if I go months between checks individual feeds. Nothing will ever expire but if I want to nuke something I want it permanently gone.)

You can delete articles from the UI by:

1. Selecting the article(s).
  2. From the Select… drop down, choose Archive.
  3. Select the Archived articles feed.
  4. Select the article(s).
  5. From the Select… drop down, choose Delete.

You should be aware that if the articles are still in the source feed they will simply be re-added to TT-RSS. I delete articles that I’ve added via things like the Share Anything feature, or ones that are left-over from unsubscribed feeds.

What you may want to look into is filters.

If you’re looking for something that let’s you bring articles in, then delete them easily later so you never see them again regardless of whether or not they’re in the source feeds, that doesn’t exist but you could probably do it via a plugin.

(Storage is cheap these days, does it matter if an article hangs around?)

Yes because I’m using this to feed searches and want to drop outdated information. Anyone who’s used Stack Overflow knows exactly why I want to do this. :slight_smile:

I want to write a plugin to delete individual articles, as mentioned above, based on criteria outside the realm of filters.

Which HOOK should I investigate to do this?

i don’t think there’s anything that fits this very well right now.

• HOOK_FEED_FETCHED is your best bet but it won’t be very efficient, you’ll have to parse XML yourself, and encode it back for tt-rss
  • HOOK_FEED_PARSED won’t give you raw DOMDocument to remove elements, i think

also, both of the above won’t be neutral wrt feed formats, you’ll have to deal with atom/rss/rdf differences yourself.

• filters in general are currently only pluggable for custom actions, not custom rule handlers. this could be implemented though (add a hook and run it in RSSUtils::get_article_filters()).

unless i forgot something, that’s about it.

I’m going to try HOOK_FEED_FETCHED. I’ll explode the individual entries into an array and change the link of those I want to delete and implode the array back into a feed.

Then, I’ll use a filter on that link value to delete it.

We’ll see what happens.

I’m wondering how can I find the Archive button, on my deployed Tiny Tiny RSS v21.06-cd26dbe, I couldn’t find that in the Select drop down:

i vaguely remember removing this action because dupes kept confusing people.

‘delete permanently’ is still there for archived feed but that’s it OOTB.

I could find the delete permanently button in the Select drop down of Archived articles. Problem is I couldn’t find a way to archive article, is it still supported?

The reason why I want to delete an article is that the domain of a RSS feed I subscribed becomes a content farm. What I can do now is to stop retrieving rss content from that feed. Further what I want to do is to delete the retrieved thousands of useless articles from the database, and still keep the original normal articles from that feed.

not in stock. that whole dropdown is pluggable so you could make a plugin to do that. or just delete whatever through the database.

that would be painful to do through the web ui, imo.