This is an odd one, so I’m not sure how to tackle it in terms of reporting exactly. This is everything I have:
Problem: every day, some unread new articles (date of today) are listed among All articles, and their respective category and feed, but not among Fresh articles.
- An unshown item can be from a feed that has other items that are shown in Fresh articles.
- Sometimes the Fresh articles count is correct (it includes all fresh articles that should be listed), but some of the article headers are still missing.
- Behavior found since commit https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/ac17ded854557e77840bf99ec48e736a2586f7e4 (now running https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/697418f86387eba775021a745ed65603458cef2b)
- No issues when I debug the affected feeds
- No error log entries
- Right before this started, I started changing
return sha1(implode(",", $pluginhost->get_plugin_names()) . $tmp);into
return sha1($tmp);in order to avoid rehashing when changing the enabled plugins subset (see line https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/src/master/classes/rssutils.php#L19) as per discussed here: https://community.tt-rss.org/t/almost-all-articles-marked-unread-after-update/3504/26. I don’t really see a causal connection here, though.