Doesn't display media correctly in Firefox

Hi,

Using the following feed link tt-rss (v20.05-2deb9c555) unable to display the embeded media correctly as shown in the following screenshot:

NOTES

1. Feed link:
    https://alternativia.com/rss/?action=display&bridge=Instagram&context=Username&u=cnn&media_type=all&format=Mrss
  2. This issue doesn’t occur in the old versions (v17.12) as shown above (v17.12 works fine under Firefox and Chrome):
  3. This issue doesn’t occur under Chrome.

How can I fix this issue?

I use:

• tt-rss v20.05-2deb9c555
  • Ubuntu 18.04
  • PHP 7.2.24
  • Apache 2.4.29
  • MariaDB 10.1.44
  • Firefox 76.0

i’m not married to responsive iframes but neither i want to revert this change because of a technological abortion that is firefox. maybe ask mozilla to fix their browser? idk.

you could probably work around this with user css, force-remove position : relative to responsive iframe class. maybe @JustAMacUser would help you.

e: wait is this even because of responsive iframes? you’re comparing with something from 3 years ago, a lot of things changed since then.

Woah. tt-rss AI is helping stop fake news cnn from spreading :joy:

I tried to manipulate security.mixed_content.block_active_content but it didn’t fix this issue.

It’s just an example :joy:

sensible chuckle.gif

I subscribed to that feed in my dev environment and everything just worked. Images loaded correctly. Text was aligned properly. Embedded media played just fine.

Based on the screenshot, it almost looks like you logged in to TT-RSS in low traffic mode. :man_shrugging:

I suggest you disable plugins and remove custom CSS. You’re upgrading from a very old version and, as fox already said, a lot has changed. If disabling all this stuff fixes it, then slowly add things back (one at a time) until it breaks again. Then you’ll know what’s not compatible.

I fixed this issue by modifying the level of Enhanced Tracking Protection. This problem not related to Firefox or tt-rss it’s related to Facebook evil tracking (other websites work fine).

Thanks for you all and I’m glad to read your responses.
Happy quarantine :crazy_face: