DMARC Reporting

Hey there,

Whenever I receive an e-mail/notification from [email protected] (forum summary), my e-mail server then tries to send a DMARC report to the designated address ([email protected]).

The DMARC record for tt-rss.org has “v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; rua=mailto:[email protected]; sp=quarantine”.

E-mails to tt-rss.org are handled by “via.fakecake.org”, which however rejects e-mails to [email protected] with
554 5.7.1 [<[email protected]>](mailto:[email protected]): Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command)"

which is quite unfriendly as you (tt-rss.org):
(1) explicitly want DMARC reports, but
(2) reject e-mails to the stated address.

Could you please make sure that the MX (via.fakecake.org) can handle the e-mails properly?

Thanks.

oops, my bad. should be fixed now, thanks for reporting.

Thanks for the quick response!

I couldn’t test it with the notification of your reply, as I had preventively put tt-rss.org in my “no reporting” list (to avoid my server mistakenly landing in some blacklist due to allegedly attempting to use your server as a relay… :)).

I’ll verify it works whenever I receive a notification/e-mail from tt-rss.org again.
Thanks again.

OK, verified that it works fine. Thanks a lot!
I’m not sure how to close this issue, so I’ll just leave it here to rot :slight_smile:

I have to re-open this issue, as it happened again just now:

<[email protected]>: host via.fakecake.org[51.68.186.248] said: 550 5.1.1
    <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
    local recipient table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

nothing critical, but obviously, if you ask for something (DMARC report) you should also accept it :wink:

right, mail alias got broken by yesterday’s vds move. I’ll try take a look later today.

2 Likes